Studies & Testimonials
To understand and check the efficiency of BicarⓇZ for your ruminants, swine and poultry, we conduct studies with independent experts.
Innovation for animal livestock comes from research
Every day we encourage and support scientific research through collaborations and partnerships with universities, professorships and experts, rewarding the best researchers in the world and emphasizing the excellent quality of their work. Today we are reliable partners of the feed industry by offering a range of highly efficient supplements for livestock and animals that prevent and control diseases and optimize the flow of nutrients that are essential for animal health.
For more than 40 years, we are working hand in hand with independent experts including veterinarians, zootechnics consultants, universities and researchers. With them, we continually conduct studies and trials to ensure the effectiveness of BicarⓇZ for the well-being and performance of your animals.
To support farmers, our experts have developed a calculator to measure the daily dose of sodium bicarbonate to add to feed.
Check our studies & papers for Ruminants, Poultry and Swine
For ruminants, the research of our experts shows the results of the use of Bicar®Z to prevent rumen acidosis, during stress conditions and in the different stages of growth and reproduction, for example for milk production at the beginning of lactation, on the performance of dairy cows during the summer, to increase the production of milk and in diets based on silage used in the production of beef.
- 2021 - Acidosis in beef cattle under intensive systems : causes and prevention strategies
- 2019 - Buffering capacity of bicarbonate and other commercial buffers by using an in vitro rumen-based system - PC University Italy
- 2017 - Bicar®Z supplementation to enhance the production of milk during early lactation
- 2016 - Field trial about Bicar®Z impact on performance of dairy cows
- 2015 - Practical trials in Belgium
- 2015 - Sodium bicarbonate as a buffer for high yielding dairy
- 2014 - TECHNICAL ARTICLE - Effect of Sodium Bicarbonate on Dairy Cows during Summer
- 2014 - Sodium bicarbonate supplementation to prevent ruminal acidosis
- 2014 - Effect of supplementation with sodium bicarbonate in lactating dairy cows during Heat Stress - Anembe
- 2013 - German dairy cows feed trial about concentrated feed
- 2013 - Sodium bicarbonate, an effective buffer for increased milk production
- 2013 - Sodium bicarbonate supplementation for lactating dairy cows during summer
- 2013 - Improving energy supply to dairy cows with Bicar®Z
- 1998 - Sodium bicarbonate in silo-maize based diets for lactating cattle
- 1996 - Sodium bicarbonate for feeding milking cows
- 1992 - Sodium bicarbonate in silage diets for beef cattle
In the case of pigs, we have supported several studies to evaluate the effects of Bicar®Z on the quality of the carcass and pork meat, on fattening piglets, on the performance of gilts, in growing and fattening pigs and in the feeding of heavy pigs.
- 2010 - TRIAL - Bicar®Z effects on Pigs carcass and Meat Quality - IRTA
- 2008 - Trial - The influence of dietary electrolytic balance on performance of the lactating sows and their litters - IRTA
- 2007 - Sodium bicarbonate in feeding of swines - Effects on performances, health and animal welfare
- 2007 - Trial - Bicar Z effects on Fattening Piglets - IRTA
- 1997 - The effects of sodium bicarbonate on gilt performances
- 1994 - Sodium bicarbonate for growing and fattening pigs
- 1993 - The effects of sodium bicarbonate on heavy swine performances
- 1987 - Use of sodium bicarbonate in feeding of heavy pigs
In the case of poultry, research has focused particularly on performance under stressful conditions: in diets for broilers with heat stress and high humidity, on laying hens under stressful conditions and in diets for growing female turkeys.
- 1998 - The effects of sodium bicarbonate on broiler performances under heat stress and high humidity conditions
- 1996 - The effects of different levels of sodium bicarbonate in addition to broiler diets
- 1996 - The effects of increasing sodium bicarbonate dosages to diets for broilers reared under heat stress conditions
- 1991 - The effects of sodium bicarbonate on laying hens suffering from heat stress
- 1991 - The effects of feeding sodium and dietary electrolyte balance on poultry productions
- 1990 - Sodium bicarbonate in diets for growing turkey females