Improves growth and reduces health risks
Pig feed, which is rich in highly fermentable carbohydrates, is digested rapidly and transformed into organic acids in the intestine. These metabolites cause a decrease in the blood pH, which is likely to reduce feed efficiency (reduction in ADG) and affect the health of the livestock: gastric and intestinal ulcers, disorders of the musculoskeletal system (lameness, osteochondrosis), etc. Adding Bicar®Z to the ration makes it possible to limit the adverse effects of acidosis on the health of the pigs and reestablish good feed efficiency.
In sows, the use of Bicar®Z:
- improves litter quality,
- increases the survival rate of piglets,
- reduces weight loss at the end of lactation,
- shortens the reproductive cycle.
In piglets,the use of Bicar®Z increases ADG and weaning weight.
In fattening pigs, the use of Bicar®Z:
- increases feed intake and therefore growth
- reduces the feed conversion ratio
- improves classification and quality of the carcass: muscle content increases because muscle depth increases and fat depth decreases
- improves the organoleptic qualities of the meat (tenderness, juiciness) when added to the drinking water prior to slaughter, without altering the taste nor the color of the meat